- Getting Started
- Working with Templates
- Using Data
- Template Languages
- Release History
Eleventy is a simpler static site generator. #
Eleventy uses independent template engines. We don’t want to hold your content hostage. If you decide to use something else later, having your content decoupled in this way will make migration easier.
Eleventy works with multiple template languages. You can pick one or use them all together in a single project:
- HTML (
- Markdown (
- Liquid (
- Nunjucks (
- Handlebars (
- Mustache (
- EJS (
- Haml (
- Pug (
Eleventy is incremental. You don’t need to start an Eleventy project from scratch. Eleventy is flexible enough to allow conversion of only a few templates at a time. Migrate as fast or as slow as you’d like.
Eleventy works great with data—use both front matter and external data files to inject content into templates.
Read more about Eleventy’s project goals.
➡ Keep going! Read Getting Started.
Don’t just take my word for it 🌈 #
Listen to what these happy developers are saying about Eleventy:
“Seriously can't remember enjoying using a Static Site Generator this much. Yes Hugo is rapid, but this is all so logical. It feels like it was designed by someone who has been through lots of pain and success using other SSGs.”—Phil Hawksworth
“Don’t tell Zach I said it but Eleventy is seeming fresh as hell so far”—Mat Marquis
“Jekyll is dead to me”—Andy Bell
“Eleventy + Netlify have become my new workflow for static sites. I think I'm in love.”—Mina Markham
“I looked into and actively tried using various static site generators for this project. Eleventy was the only one I could find that gave me the fine-grained control I needed at blazingly fast build times.”—Mathias Bynens
Sites Using Eleventy #
- Eleventy, the web siteSpoiler alert: it’s this web site.
- Zach LeathermanA 10+ years-running blog about web development.
- Jamstack Comments EngineAn example of a comments engine you could add to any JAMstack site hosted on Netlify.
- Wilto Makes FoodThe professional cooking site of Mat Marquis.
- NEJS CONF 2018A single day, single track Web Development conference.
- Mannah FoundationEmpowering individuals to make great changes.
- Alex CarpenterFront-end Web Developer
- Netlify TemplatesThis is a board with templates for static site generators and boilerplates.
- Set Your Watch ByA static site generated clock! Runs a Netlify build every minute.
- Andy BellThe personal web site of Andy Bell, a front-end developer and designer with No Divide
- Personal sites are awesome!Personal sites are awesome, so this site was built so we can all discover each others.
- kleinfreund.deThe personal web site of Philipp, a web developer from Weimar, Germany.
- James SteinbachThe personal web site of James Steinbach: Front-end architect, Speaker & Writer.
- Web Components ClubA blog to document my learning about web components.
- Split InfinitiesThe professional website of William M. Riley.
- Johan BrookThe personal website of Johan, a Swedish designer & developer
- James DocSitting at the intersection of Christianity and technology…
- Shutter DocumentationA tool for Visual Snapshot Testing
- YoncéQueen Bey-inspired themes for Bash-It, Visual Studio Code, iTerm, Slack & Alfred.
- FormationA shell script to set up a macOS machine for design and development.
- Ed HorsfordPortfolio website for London based designer Ed Horsford.
- Unabridged SoftwareUnabridged Software specializes in creating robust products that remain easy to change over time.
- Jeff PosnickThe blog of Jeff Posnick (of Google's Web DevRel Team)
- Roland TothThe portfolio site of Roland Toth
- Neptun BrigádThe web site for an Open Theater Company
- Medium to Small JAMstackA demo of generating an JAMstack site from an RSS feed
- Event listing from NotistAn example of Notist's JSON feed driving event listings on your own, pre-rendered site.
- HawksworxThe blog, playground, and generally a home on the web for Phil Hawksworth.
- Bentley Davis
- Soldier PackersSoldier special packers & movers in Agartala is trusted one packers & movers company, providing different type of moving services.
- Daffodil PedagogyDaffodil Pedagogy is a tutorial home at Agartala that offers tuitions to nursery kids who needs special support to groom and adapt to educational challenges.
- Jayanta ChakrabortiJayanta Chakraborti is an Associate Professor of Business Analytics and Digital Marketing at ICFAI University Tripura.
- console.❤️A collection of funny, quirky and lovely console messages from around the web
- Coral Sea Cable SystemThe Coral Sea Cable System is a 4,700km long fibre optic submarine cable system linking Sydney, Australia, to Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea and Honiara, Solomon Islands.
- Bradley TauntFront-end designer & developer
- Want to add yours?
This project aims to directly compete with all other Static Site Generators. We encourage you to try out our competition: